PINK IS FOR KALLI! This blog will probably be about baby Kalli for a while so we've decided to change the theme :) You can read about our wedding at http://startingourforever.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Breaking New Ground

I realized that we've been a little too relaxed with our wedding preparations lately. I guess I didn't really want to overwhelm Leo yet with all the things that we have to do, and at the same time I also wanted to have a little break from all the stress of the first wave of preps. But now, Leo and I decided that it is just about time to resume the preparations again. Time really flies too fast for us to relax too long. Before we know it, it'll be ber-months and then everybody will be hectic (specially suppliers since that's the start of the wedding peak season).

So today, Leo and I spent saturday at my house, trying to break new ground in the wedding preps. Ok, so we really didn't cover a lot. Most of our day was actually spent playing PS2 instead of planning. Still, we were atleast able to accomplish some tasks, minor as they may. So these are what we have accomplished:

Finished "almost-final" entourage list. Unless there are people in the list who cannot make it to the wedding, then that will be the final entourage. We're still needing a couple of ninongs and a ninang though. We're leaving that buffer incase our parents suddenly decide to add a ninong or ninang. Our ento will consist of 1 maid-of-honor, 1 bestman, 3 pairs of secondary sponsors, 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 junior bridesmaids, 2 junior groomsmen, 5 flowergirls, 3 bearers, and 10 pairs of sponsors. Yeah, I know the list is kinda long. Most are relatives though and will be in the wedding anyway, so why not give them roles to play, right?

Organized Leo's guest list. I've been bugging him about this a long time now, so it's great to finally have atleast a realistic list from him. Now my problem is how I will be able to bring down my guest list since now I can see that I need to cut down atleast 50 heads ("off with their heads", hehehe). I have to start working on that again this week... *sigh* such an impossible task :(

Called Leggiero and inquired about their out-of-town quartet services. Ok, so their local rate seems reasonable at 10K for the quartet. What's killing me is their out-of-town rate since they charge double their local rate for that. Double! That'll make it 20K - and that's over our budget for the strings. We may be able to pool the excess, but my worry is that, since we are having problems booking DBO's Lunchbox, we might (very possibly) go overbudget with our band as well. Add the choir fee (even if it's just minimal) and that would really bloat our budget for entertainment :( But Leo and I are still deciding though, since most of the good strings are already booked on our date.

Set an appointment with Jing of Villa de Oro for the contract signing. We've set the meeting for saturday, April 23, at 2pm. Hopefully we'll be able to ask and clear out all our questions regarding the generator and the hotel being contructed in the villa.

List down to-do tasks. We started doing this, but Leo wanted to do it in MS Projects (talk about OC!). We just discussed some of the tasks needed and then I promptly got overwhelmed with it all. I guess I started panicking. Because of that, we stopped discussing and Leo just said that he'll do it at home (hehehe, I get a little "mataray" and so OC when I'm in panic mode that we often end up fighting).

So far, those are our accomplishments for the day. We also tried to call and register for the Discovery Weekend, but no one was picking up so we just decided to call again on monday. Next step would be to finalize the menu with Juan Carlo, and to draft the contact with them. Also, we need to set a date for the prenuptial pictorials with Lee so that we can acquire the endorsement for Tagaytay Highlands early on. Oh there's really still so much to do! Wait, I have to stop now before I stress myself all over again, hehehe.

I'll post again when we have more progress :)

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home