PINK IS FOR KALLI! This blog will probably be about baby Kalli for a while so we've decided to change the theme :) You can read about our wedding at http://startingourforever.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Meeting With Jing

We had a meeting with Jing Almeda-Guiua of Villa de Oro the other day. It was originally scheduled for Saturday at Southmall, but I got a call from Jing last monday and she offered to move the meeting on Tuesday in Makati instead so that it would be nearer for us. So on tuesday 11:30am, we met her at Shakeys Glorietta for the contract signing and our 50% down. We had pizza, potatoes and chicken (hehehe, so who's on a diet again?). I must say, Jing wasn't at all what I was expecting. I don't know why but I expected to see this really sophisticated "sossy" person. Maybe because of the voice. She has this deep strong authoritative voice on the phone. I was half expecting to be intimidated by her. It was therefore a nice surprise to find out she is actually very approachable and easy to talk to - not at all intimidating. She gave us some discounts and waved some corkage fees (though I must say that despite that, the rental of the place is still a bit on the high side - though I believe worth it, of course :b), and she even gave us a copy of the floorplan and map of Villa de Oro.

After the meeting, Leo and I got to talking about our suppliers. We really do have great suppliers, if I must say so myself. Not just for the actual services contracted (some of them I still have yet to see of course), but for the good customer relationship. Everyone's so nice and accomodating. But then I guess they have to be to stay in business, since the wedding biz is fast becoming crowded. Still, it's nice to see suppliers who are not only there for the money, but more for the love of their work.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home