PINK IS FOR KALLI! This blog will probably be about baby Kalli for a while so we've decided to change the theme :) You can read about our wedding at http://startingourforever.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dangwa and Quiapo

I was meaning to write this entry last weekend but never had the time. Seems like I'm supposed to be doing so many things (and I'm not only talking about wedding preps) and not accomplishing anything. Well, I guess it's not that we are not moving forward with the preps, but more of us not moving forward quickly. We've got barely six months to go and we still have no invitation, string quartet, favors, complete entourage list, rings, registries, and many other things! *Sigh*

Ok, maybe six months is still a lot of time. They say you can actually plan your whole wedding in that time. I even have an officemate who just got married this month and did just that! I guess my worry is that our date, January 7, 2006, seems to be a pretty popular choice for a wedding date and suppliers are getting booked pretty fast. Why, I know atleast 7 who have that date (three in Tagaytay)! If we don't act fast, we'll not be able to book good suppliers anymore. Haaay...

Well, enough of that. I should probably focus more on our accomplishments, right? I mean, thinking negative will only stress me more, and we don't want that, right? So here goes...

Accomplishment 1: We booked Mang Boy Mahusay of Dangwa for the entourage flowers. Actually, my mom and my sister did the booking for me (awww, aren't they sweet? Thanks thanks! :D). And we got him for a pretty good rate too :) Let's see... we have 1 bride, 1 maid of honor, 3 bridesmaids, 3 secondaries, 2 jr bridesmaids, 2 moms, and 10 ninangs. I think all of those mentioned above will carry a bouquet (or do you call them handheld?). Then there are 5 flower wands and headpieces (like flower crowns, i think. Oh my, I don't know anything!) for the flowergirls. Then some boutonnieres for the males. And I think we also have 1 for the car. And I'm trying to remember if we also have a throw away bouquet --- All for 6,000 pesos! Don't you think it's a good price? ;) I mean, it's a much much better rate than the 17,000 that Flowers of May quoted for us! So I guess I'm pretty happy with that :) You know what also made me smile? It's our contract with Mang Boy -- handwritten on a yellow paper. Hehehe, isn't that cute? :D You know, it's actually really making me happy that a guy like him is doing very well with his business :)

Accomplishment 2: Ok, so this one's not really an accomplishment since it was not really fruitful. Leo and I (along with our faithful and very helpful MOH, LA, and groomsman, Bernard), went to Quiapo last saturday to visit this paper(++) shop recommended by a friend. We were looking for some matarials for our invitation, as well as favor ideas. Well, when we got to the shop, it was already closed. And to make the long story short, we were not able to find anything. Hmmm, let me rephrase that, we actually found a store where they sell picture frames that we can use as give-aways. Medieval picture frame (with the guest's picture inside) is actually one of the options we are considering. We're still going to look further though cause I'm not really that impressed with the designs shown to us.

Accomplishment 3: What accomplishment 3???

Ok, so that's it, I guess. Haaay... only 2 accomplishments. And 1 is not even a real one! Oh well, atleast we are still moving forward, right? Maybe I'll have more to write about next week... I'd better!

2 Comment(s):

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

Hi yah!! Slow but steady ang preps. You'll do okay, don't worry!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Aradalwen said...

Hi Marj! Wow that was fast! I just posted that, haha. Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home