PINK IS FOR KALLI! This blog will probably be about baby Kalli for a while so we've decided to change the theme :) You can read about our wedding at http://startingourforever.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Going Medieval?

We are having a medieval theme for our wedding, complete with family crests and some formal dancing. Balay Kandila will be in-charged of the styling so I am confident that it will be beautiful and authentic-looking. If you haven't seen Balay's work, you can view their website at www.balaykandila.com.

Anyway, my problem is that I am not sure if I should stick to the theme for our outfits. Surprisingly, Leo wanted to go all-out with the theme, wearing costumes and all. I, on the other hand, am not really keen on wearing long puffy sleeves for my (and our entourage) gown and wearing my hair down and flowing. Now I know this "look" is very nice on movies like LOTR and Star Wars. They even have head dresses and the likes. I am not sure though if it would still look nice in real life, given that it could be very windy in Tagaytay. I also worry that the gowns will be more expensive since they will eat more cloth than the usual "almost-nothing-on-top" look. Hehehe, well maybe not "almost-nothing", my ento will kill me if they read this. Just the common spaghetti strap, off-shoulder, halter.... you know, the sexy looking gowns. On the other hand, wearing costumes could add to the "on a different time and place" effect, right? This is the main reason why we are having a theme wedding in the first place. It's so that they would feel transported and different... something to remember... Hmmm, now if only everyone will be game about it...

Well, I still have a lot of months to decide. Hmm... come to think of it, I guess I don't really have much time anymore since I have to finalize the gowns with the designer soon :( Oh well...

Feel free to comment below if you have suggestions and ideas :)













2 Comment(s):

At 1:54 PM, Blogger gra said...

hey. i liked gown number 1.. really nice motif.. but u don't have to go all the way with the theme if you don't want to... just a touch of it will make everything look coordinated still.. good luck..

and tell ur couturier.. im sure may input yun on the gowns.. - grace ni oliver

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Aradalwen said...

Thanks Grace :) I really should visit my couturier soon. I've been procastinating...but you're right, she should have more inputs on this :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home