PINK IS FOR KALLI! This blog will probably be about baby Kalli for a while so we've decided to change the theme :) You can read about our wedding at http://startingourforever.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hospital Confinement

Remember when I wrote that I already feel like a mainstay at medical city because of all my check ups? Well now you can take that 'mainstay' thing literally cause I've been living here since monday. Yup, I'm currently confined in the hospital. The doctors found something in my gallbladder during the ultrasound. They said I had multiple stones and a gallbladder that has gotten so swollen I may need an operation. An operation! Can you imagine what 5-month-pregnant me felt when the doctor told me that? I started crying then and there at the clinic. I couldn't help it, I was scared for my baby :(

So we consulted with a surgeon as well as my ob-gyne and my GI. They agreed to have me on IV antibiotics first to see if I will respond. Since I already stopped feeling my back and chest pains, there's a good chance I may not need to undergo the operation - atleast until my baby's born. I'll be retaking my ultrasound in a few minutes to determine if I made progress or not.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home