PINK IS FOR KALLI! This blog will probably be about baby Kalli for a while so we've decided to change the theme :) You can read about our wedding at http://startingourforever.blogspot.com

Friday, April 29, 2005

Tempting Fate

It's friday, and so far we haven't really done much preparations this whole week. All I've actually done is tried to call String Minstrels to inquire about their quartet services, and even that wasn't fruitful at all since the contact person was out that day and there wasn't anybody I could talk to. I emailed them instead, but, well, until now there's no response. So I must say that we have zero progress since last week. But hopefully that will change this weekend.

Well actually, the week wasn't so bad. We've had some good news afterall. Early this week (I think that was tuesday or wednesday), my sister called me and told me that we may be able to book DBO's Lunchbox afterall. She didn't go into details of how and why, but she said that she just talked to Amiel and he said that they can still sing at our wedding. Yey, that's great news indeed! Honestly, I've already accepted that we may have to get another band. We were even thinking of asking Leo's friend, or even my officemate's band to play. But I still prefer DBO's since they were highly recommended (by LA and Bernard and Clar, ofcourse, hehehe). I've heard their demo cd and they sounded good. Plus they're from Ascension Parish, so I'm a little proud :) Love you're own, right?

Wait... here I go tempting fate again... We haven't even booked them yet but I am acting as though we have. We still need to talk to them to discuss pricing and arrangements, and to confirm that they are really available to play on our date. For all I know, LA could just be playing a joke on me (though she wouldn't be so cruel!). I just hope we can have an agreement soon. We are planning to meet them on Sunday after mass. I just pray that their rates are not so steep.... (crossing my fingers).

Aside from meeting with DBO's, we are also planning on meeting one of our Ninongs on Sunday morning. Leo's dad has been wanting us to visit his friend and client, Lito Chua, since last month, but we've been busy with other things. Hopefully we can accomplish this task on Sunday. I am also thinking of setting up a dinner with all the ninongs and ninangs one night so that we can get to know them better (and vise versa). But that would mean additional expense though, so...welll, we'll see...

Time to start moving again...

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home