PINK IS FOR KALLI! This blog will probably be about baby Kalli for a while so we've decided to change the theme :) You can read about our wedding at http://startingourforever.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 02, 2006

37 Weeks and Baby Shower

As of today I'm on my 37th week of pregnancy. At the end of this week my baby will already be considered full-term. It'll just be a matter of days now. Yikes, I'm scared! But at the same time I'm also excited to see Kalli for the first time (except for the ultrasound, of course). I wonder who she will look like more. From the sonogram it looks like she got her nose from me :) Will she have curly or straight hair? Of course she can go out bald too, so we might not know yet, hehehe. I wonder what her skin color will be. We've been teasing my mom lately, telling her that if the baby's dark-skinned she's the one to blame for it cause she's the only morena in the family. Then again, some babies come out dark, then turns lighter after a few days. I wonder if she'll be small and thin, or big and rounded. I really pray she'll be healthy. From the feel of her movements and kicks (yes, she's still hyperactive even at this stage!) it looks like she's quite the athlete :) I can't wait to hold her. Even though I have this fear that I might drop her cause I'm not really used to carrying babies, I still can't wait to hold her! Will she know immediately that I'm her mommy? I read that she should be able to recognize my voice once she hears it. She's capable of hearing now, even in the womb, that's why I keep telling Leo to talk to her too :) We plan to get the Lamaze room (just the room, not the procedure ok?!) for the birthing so that Leo can come inside. Kalli will have more familiar voices there to comfort her after her ordeal of getting out into the world ;) And I'll have Leo to support and comfort me too after my own ordeal!

Anyhoo, on to another topic... Last October 21 was Kalli's baby shower. I've been meaning to blog about it but have felt too lazy to write lately. All I was able to do was upload the pictures in yahoo photos. Well, I'll blog about it now - before I lose interest in writing again.

The Baby Shower

As I've mentioned, it was Kalli's baby shower last, last saturday. My sister and my mom organized it and my cousin May hosted the event. It was sweet of them to do that for us and Leo and I are grateful :) They even went to divisoria to buy give-aways and prizes for the games! My mom ordered lumpiang ubod and barbecue, prepared her salad bar, bought some tikoy for dessert and baked her ever-famous baked-macaroni. LA and I also prepared mini-tacos and chocolate fondue - since they were quite easy to prepare, hehehe. And for drinks we had softdrinks, rootbeer float (which was a hit ;>), and beer for the guys. We had the party at Eastwood - at our condo's (Olympic Heights) clubhouse. Originally it was just supposed to be at our unit but figured the guests wouldn't fit. We also thought it would be nice to rent the pool too. So it was such a disappointment that a lot of the invited guests didn't show up :( The truth is that, except for Shirley, none of my friends came - and that was really, really sad, specially since LA invited more guests from my side than Leo's. I guess it was just one of those days when everybody got so busy all of a sudden. Oh well :( Anyhoo, it was still a fun party. Leo's friends were all so game! Some of the games they played were hilarious :) Jun kept winning everything! Hall-of-Famer na nga e, hehehe. And as expected, the kids (Shannon and Kenneth) couldn't resist the call of the pool (to their parents' dismay, hehehe). After the party, LA, Bernard and May went swimming too. Me, I just waded my feet in the water - sakit na kasi e.

It was fun all in all, except for the pack-up. Cleaning-up was such a nightmare! We had to lug all the things up to our unit, and it took several trips to finish everything. Coolers, sound system, prizes and gifts, food, food and more food! It was a good thing Leo's officemates stayed late and helped. Mom also left Jessica behind (thank God), along with LA and May, and they stayed the night with us. Too bad they didn't leave Dutchy behind too (our baby dog). She would have loved that!

Here's a link to the pictures: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sl_conti/album?.dir=/ec45scd&.src=ph

By the way, thanks for all the gifts! :) Everything's so cute! Almost all of Kalli's things are pink, hehehe.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home